All students grades 1-12 currently enrolled in the Neshoba County School District during 2013-2014 are required to register verification of residency during the summer of 2014 in order to continue enrollment in the school district. This process involves providing two (2) proofs of residency (see below for acceptable proofs) as stated in the student handbook for school year 2014-2015. The Neshoba County School District has designated dates for registration during June 2014. All parents/guardians are strongly encouraged to register verification of residency during these scheduled dates. For your convenience, staff members from all three schools will be located in the elementary auditorium so that any parent or guardian with students in multiple schools may complete the registration in one place at the same time. Should you come during regularly scheduled school days or after the scheduled dates the counseling staff may be involved in other activities such as testing and not available at the time you arrive.
Please follow the schedule below to register residency verification:
June 9-13, 2014 All students with names ending A- G
June 16-20, 2014 All students with names ending H-P
June 23-27, 2014 All students with names ending Q-Z
Times will include:
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday – 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday – 9:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.
Your child will not be officially enrolled until residency has been verified and registered with the school for school year 2014-2015 and will not receive a schedule until the appropriate proofs of residency have been submitted.
New enrollees for grades K-12 are asked to call the school and schedule an appointment with the counseling staff at the appropriate school to complete the entire enrollment process.
Acceptable proofs includes:
1. Filed Homestead Exemption Application Form
2. Mortgage Documents or property deed
3. Apartment or home lease. (Must be a notarized lease agreement and not a receipt of payment)
4. Utility bills - electric, gas, residential phone, water, or garbage (MUST BE CURRENT MONTH OR 1 MONTH PREVIOUS)
5. Driver's license (must be valid; not expired)
6. Voter precinct identification
7. Automobile registration
8. Affidavit (only for non-parent individual enrolling child and must submit appropriate documentation) and/or personal visit by a designated school district official.
9. Other documentation that will objectively & unequivocally establish that the parent or guardian resides with the school district. (Official government documentation - i.e. current year tax return , social security statement, DHS statement, etc.)
10. Certified copy of filed petition for guardianship if pending and final decree when granted. (Must be adjudicated and signed by a judge; not a notarized form.)